How to file a defamation case?

my brother in law\'s wife had filed a false case against me and and in laws stating that we have molested her and stolen her jewellery. she do not have any evidences and she might lose. can i file a defamation case against her . what will be the charges and the success rate.please guide i will be very helpful to you.

Answers (3)

113 votes

Sorry to hear of your plight. Defamation is a civil case so can be filed at any stage provided there is evidence of false or unsubstantiated allegations which fall within the ambit of defamation. I suggest that you take all the requisite papers of the case filed against you along with any other evidence that you may possess and visit our office. We can then advise you further on the chances or success etc., upon reviewing the documentation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

256 votes

You can file a defamation case but without much details we can not mention any thing clear up your points then we will tell how to file a case of defamation you can anytime call me for your help and can meet me

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
341 votes

At this stage you can not file defamation suit until the alleged false case is finally decided and most importantly dismissed. Then only you will have right to file defamation either civil or criminal nature or both.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles