How do I legally get WhatsApp chats? From court Is it possible?

12-Jun-2024 (In Criminal Law)
I was fooled by a guy with a False Promise of marriage and now backing off due to caste. I had been through sexual assault and abuse as well for which I have proof. Now the problem is I want to file an FIR against him for what he had done to me but I have no evidence to prove in court. All my WhatsApp chats have been deleted I have other chat screenshots but they do not directly prove the point of marriage. Now my question is Can I ask court to give my WhatsApp chats legally? What’s the procedur

Answer #1
Your choice of words shows the aggression. Launch an FIR immediately with whatsoever evidences that you have.

My suggestion would be pay an Advocate to draft you a complaint copy, and with that complaint copy prefer visiting women centric police stations and then simultaneously approach the State Women commission through email/Post or in-person.
If the Police denies the FIR visit his superior and also the State Human Rights Commission, National Human Rights Commission.

You are good to go now. The Police can recover the deleted images/texts from META(Yes,Meta is bound to save WhatsApp deleted texts as well) if they feel it is a mandate thing. Even your statement has a weightage in the court so dont worry.
if you feel like your Inspector is little baised and those texts might help then you can ask your lawyer to file for a petition . So relax.
Your case looks like Rape in the pretext of marriage, this is a separate section(69) for this offence in the BNS(New IPC) as well.
Relax, if you get struct then feel free to directly reach out any women commission like State Or National women commission or any Women based NGOs for help.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato