How can i file a defamation and harassment case against my ex wife

In Criminal Law
Hello, I got mutual consent divorce from ex wife abroad where we are permanent residents. She later moved for sole custody of our 6 year old child ( which we agreed to be joint custody during divorce). The court abroad after months of investigation gave me sole custody. Our younger child's custody is with her. A week after that she filed child rape case on me which was dropped after investigation and later district court gave me custody as well. Ex wife moved back to India and filed cases under Pocso on me in Bangalore. It was dropped by police and later child rights commission referred the child to NIMHANS, where doctors found out that in fact mother has been beating and abusing the child. Child right commission decided in my favour and asked ex wife to see a physiatrist and give a report. I now want to file defamation and harassment case on her. Help with maintainability and consequences.

Answers (2)

95 votes

Dear friend,
You have a good case for filing criminal defamation as well as for filing so many false cases against you ,and charge has been found to be false ,henec she would also lose her maintainance enlite as well, do contact with all your documents as mentioned by you , will surely can take a strong legal action .OFC : Adv Pankaj Kumar & associate...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

340 votes

You have to file a suit for damages for malicious prosecution as she has filed several false cases against you. If this cases against you were reported in the newspaper or in the media only then s clear case for defamation can be filed. But both these cases have to be filed within one year from the alleged defamation or from one year when courts acquitted you from the false complaints

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles