How and where to file a bigamy case

Hi, one of my relative wants to file Bigamy case who is basically from Shimoga but residing in Bangalore with children due to conflict, please help me with the following doubts. 1) Should we go to police station 1st or can we life the case directly in court? Which is better option? 2) can we file the case in Bangalore or in Shimoga? Which will be more effective.?

Answers (4)

313 votes

Dear client

Under section 494 of ipc whoever marries
Again during the life time of husband or wife shall be punished with imprisonment of 7 file before complaint in your near police station.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

267 votes

Dear sir/Madam,
You have both option , you can file bigamy case before police station or Court, if you want any monthly maintenase from her husband, she has to file complaint before court only. Court is bettr option to get all relief.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
100 votes

In bigamy case you can file complaint either in police station or directly to court.. It is more effective to file a complaint in the court.. You can file complaint at BENGALURU or shimoga.. You can file a complaint in BENGALURU it is very convenient for you to attend the court regularly.

144 votes

Hi ,

U should go to the police station and file a complaint first .
Since ur relative is residing in Bangalore , she can file a complaint before the jurisdictional police in Bangalore.................

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles