Friend filed FIR for cheating and breach of contract of marriage.

Dear Sir, i and a girl had a relationship and intercourse. Actually the girl was married and seperated. I never ever promised her that i marry her, but i used to say many times that i wont marry before having intercourse. But then she agreed and emotionally blackmailed me to have sex. Now, she is complaining against me in police station that i cheated her by promising her to get marry. What should i do now? I am Backward Class and she is Scheduled Caste.

Answers (3)

Hi sir/madam.
1.You told she is given complaint against you that police file any fir or not told married lady at present she get any divorce or not

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

you have told a story and you have to prove that you are innocent before the court of law by letting in evidence in a criminal trial. From the above narration it is a clear case of adultery and fraud and you are liable for punishment. my best advise is to compromise at the earliest stage and come out from the trouble you have created.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

You will be in trouble. Try to solve the issue amicably as her case is strong. You cannot prove that you had relationship without any assurance. Further, if she lodges a complaint as per SC/ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, you cannot easily get bail. There is no provision for Anticipatory Bail also. Go and compromise her at any means. Otherwise, you have to face the consequences. Depends upon her complaint, you have to face the prosecution and there is a possibility of acquittal depends of the evidence of witnesses. How to defend depends upon the charge sheet laid and the statement of witnesses.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was in a relationship with a girl from 8 years. In Jan 17 I broke up with her when I came to know that she is having physical relationship with some…

Read More

Hi sir, I\'m a married marriage took place 2 years back.I was very in her life but from last 4-6 my mother\'s brother (uncle) is sendi…

Read More

My sister was in a extra marital relationship from 7 years. And now since 2-3 years she want to get rid of it. But is unable to do so because the guy …

Read More

I'm married for 1 year. 3 years back I had an affair with a woman who is separated from her husband living alone. I never promised her to marry. B…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue