quesFriend as unable to recover the sum, attempted for suicide

My friend (x) helped his another friend (y) with a sum of Rs.1.5 lakhs by borrowing the same amount from his relative. he took a blank cheque and Rs.100/- stamp paper, which is signed and it is empty (blank) on 03-08-2015. But now it is more than a year, and he didn't even paid interest atleast. The person (y) who borrowed shifted his residence and he is not at all answering my frnds (x) call. My frnd understood that he was trapped and cheated by his frnd, got disturbed mentally and commited suicide, now in hospital. How can I fight for him, can I claim compensation for his family.

  • ansDear,

    There is a criminal remedy for your friend who has suffered in the hands of Y. please get in touch with me if you are in hyderabad I will guide you how to get back the amount which is due to your friend X from Y.

    Advocate Vikram Chandra

      Malakpet, Hyderabad

  • ansHi
    Your friend X should file the following 2 cases against Y.
    1) Cheating and Criminal breach of trust against Y.
    2) 138 NI act, after presenting the cheque in the bank and once the cheque has bounced , file the 138 NI
    Both the above cases will be settled within 1 year from the date of filing.

    For cheating and criminal breach of trust, Y will be sent to jail.
    For cheque bounce, your friend X can get 2 times the money he lent (1.5 Lakhs loan repayment and 1.5 Lakhs as compensation).
    Hope this information is of help to you.

    Advocate Rajagopalan

      Banjara Hills, Hyderabad

  • ansdid you try to deposit the blank cheque in the bank. if not kindly deposit the cheque in the bank and get it bounced and file a criminal complaint against the person. you can also file a civil suit for recovery of money against the person. this can help you get the money back, you can also lodge an FIR against the person with the police

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Jangpura Extension, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Criminal lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have been falsely implicated under section 354 by some strangers for no reason and…
sir Can I file FIR after 3-4 year later after criminal activity
I filed complaint against some one who physically abused me later we settled now he…
In Hindu Marriage usually gifts such as jewelry and other expensive items are gifted to…

Criminal Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>