FIR registered and no action being taken by police on stolen phone

In October 2016, I was in night shift and was travelling via train from Thane Station to my work place between 8 to 8:30 pm. While boarding the train someone stole my mobile from my pocket. I registered an FIR the next morning and it has been over 6 months and I see no action from the FIR. The concerned officer says that stolen iPhones take time to be found. I also saw the video footage of me boarding the local train the night my phone was stolen as shown to me by the Railway Police Force via the cameras installed in Thane Station. What course of action can I take now?

Action for recovery of stolen Article i.e. mobile phone is possible if theft are found and also if stolen article/ muddemal is recovered by police. In such case application under sec.457 crpc can be intiated against state through police and accused. In your case investigation is not in motion so best way you can give reminder letter by giving reference of your complaint or file RTI application, Also search of your mobile is possible by Code No. of your mobile i.e. EMIE No.If some strange person is using ur mobile without tampering ur mobile code, then it is possible for cyber cell of police dept. to search theft by tracking ur code.

Answer as per ur query u have a option U can a file writ petition in bombay high court for transfer of investigation beacause if respected police not taken any action against your complaint u can go for writ petition remedies are available there.

Supreme Court of India, Delhi