Fiance is threatening me of filing a rape care

In Criminal Law
I and my fiance had consensual sex and then she started mistreating and emotionally torturing me. Now she is blackmailing me of filing a rape charge. I have a screenshot of her message that says she is ending the relationship with me. Will this help me?

Answers (5)

63 votes

IF she has broken then relation with you, what is she blackmailing you for?? Either way, you need to take some precautionary measures such as 1) take a back up of your entire chat/ conversation.
2) get a recording of the telephone conversation if any.
3) approach the nearest police station having jurisdiction and meet the PI or equivalent officer and narrate your entire grievance and also five a written application narrating the same.
All these things will come to your aid if you are arrested or you file an ABA.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

102 votes

Well yes, it is helpful but why she is blackmailing you? what are her demands?
when did the Consensual sex and breakup happen?
and some other questions needs to be clarified for your protection. so just relax but need to be clear.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
310 votes

Dear querist, you can lodge a complaint against her on the basis of the screenshots of her messages, so that it will be helpfull to you lodge a complaint and future you may be safe, Lodge a complaint against her for threatening and abusing you.

104 votes

If you have proper evidence that it is a consensual physical relationship then you don't have to fear about her compliant. Of-course there will be apprehensions and stressful times in the beginning but a consensual physical relationship without coercion or promise is not rape.

278 votes

Immediately rush to nearest Police Station with a written application / complaint stating the details of whatever you have stated here, take a printout of screenshot, and also carry you cellphone in which that sms you have received.
submit the application / complaint alongwith the above material.
Then, you will be little safe, even if she files any false case.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles