Delay caused by IO and court giving long dates

03-Mar-2024 (In Criminal Law)
IO submitted closure report on FIR We have submitted protest petition IO replied after 7 months For arguments he is not attending and has sought more than 3 adjournments court is giving long dates I am79 yrs of age Wish urgent conclusion What is legal remedy apart from request to court
Answers (3)

Answer #1
882 votes
You should file a complaint under senior citizen Act, as well as You could file a criminal writ petition in High Court, since you are an octogenarian Court of higher echelons would show sympathy with you
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
914 votes
file revision petition against the order of protest petition because delayed in application for adjudication causes delay in justice is nothing justice due to severe age of 79 years it will become harassing by State of their citizens at vulnerable age that is the ground for the entertainment of office revision petition under SPD provisions of court and take it as a speedy trial which is enshrined article of constitution of India .
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #3
727 votes
Hello Sir
We can file an appropriate application u/s 309 Crpc for seeking early disposal of our case, and parallelly can also file another application for monitoring of investigation, and can also approach the Hon'ble High Court for supervision of our case.

Commenting for better reach.
Adv Divyanshu Bhardwaj
Chambers of Divyanshu Bhardwaj
Delhi High Court
New Delhi
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."