Cyber harassment and stalking, really stressed out

hi, i am really stressed out from things that has happened in the past. i had casual relationships with 4 people(with mutual understanding and acceptance) and used to have 2 male friends whom i met online. i was casual with them but one of the online friend started getting possessive of me and we fought and i blocked him.After 2 months he created a faked profile and started blackmailing saying he wil share pics with my family and online.i got scared and blocked him. although i neva met that guy nor did i do anything with him and also i made clear things pehele hi. there was this other guy whom i talked online for 5 days or so and when i saw his behaviour was abusive i told him i didnt want to talk but he also thretened me to wait and watch. i m fed up of all this, please tell me what to do as this is making me stressed and in tension. PLZ HELP!

Answers (3)

332 votes

In order to bring a claim against such an individual. you are required to file a complaint with the cyber cell of the police department under whose jurisdiction you reside. There are online portals of the cyber cell where you can file the complaint. You would require the snapshots of the page/profile/messages/URL which are causing you harassment and the concerned department will lodge a complaint and you can then follow up with them.
Alternatively, you can go to the police station and register an FIR with the police station and if no FIR is lodged by the police you can move to the court and get the police directed from the court to lodge an FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes


I can understand the anxiety you are undergoing in this instance. You have immediate remedy by way of Section 67 of the Information Technology Act and under 354c of the Indian Penal Code among other remedies. I would need further clarification, as to whether the person has extended these threats only via messengers, apps, or whether through email, SMS's. Through their phone number their identities can be revealed.

You should take all necessary precation at the first instance before such sensitive material is transmitted into the online domain.

Feel free to contact for further details.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
259 votes

Dear Client,
you have created your own problem, by making many BF and involvement with all.
But no matter, if any body is exploiting you and threatening you, then you can file FIR, if you have been receiving such threatening by mail or other means of electronic media. you should have proof.
you may consult me for the same legal resolution . Thanks

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles