Criminal case against manager who has absconded after taking money

A branch manager escaped from abroad after committing financial irregularities and stolen relevant customer loan documents and post dated cheques before reaching his native place in Bettiah. Already local Indian embassy is approached and a criminal complaint lodged. How to proceed further to arrest him and recover the loan documents and money?

Answers (3)

165 votes

This matter relates to occurrence committed outside India, therefore rule of law is applicable to that country where the branch manager had committed crime. The Govt. of India as well as state govt shall do in accordance with the mutual accord and in view of the provision of International Law (Geneva Convention).

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

90 votes

You told in query that complaint has lodged with local police. Peruse the same with the police. You have no other avenue. However, if police is not acting then contact a good lawyer and apprise him about all the facts. He will help u in the matter.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
328 votes

Dear Client,
You can also file a complaint case against the person concerned under section 420 of Indian Penal Code in the concerned District & Session's Court. In order to file a complain case, first you need to get the complaint petition drafted and filed it in the aformentioned Court.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles