Compromise in NI act case at order stage now another party not paying

27-Mar-2023 (In Criminal Law)
In NI act case the matter was fixed for order but was compromised after taking certain amount and rest on next hearing. But now after 6 hearings the accused is not making any payment. What to do? whether the still remains criminal and punishable under NI act?
Answers (4)

Answer #1
873 votes
Agr payment nhi kr rha he to compromise cancel kr k next stage pr case krwa lo. Aur judgment krwa lo case ka. Aur wese bhi No act me to appeal me bhi compromise ho sakta he. Bina ful payment liye compromise mt krna.
Answer #2
994 votes
If the court has given permission for compromise and imposes certain conditions regarding payment mode that the rest of the payment to be paid on next hearing and full payment is not disbursed so for it means compromise is not completed just make that statement before the court and continue with your criminal proceeding.
Answer #3
590 votes
If compromise done before court and it is on record than you have to file application for contempt of court... and further any settlement made before any court is not absolute and final if either one party not fulfill all the conditions of settlement... To withdraw settlement you have to file an application before court and if accused not present before court than request court to issue non bailable warrant against accused and forfeit all bail bond of accused.
Answer #4
682 votes
First of all again serve the notice go party stating that you have not resolved the payment as per setlement deed made between you both and if still then you do not resive the payment then you can go to court or else can file suit for recovery

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."