Closure Report not submitted by the Police

03-Mar-2024 (In Criminal Law)
I had file a petition in borivali magistrate court in a matter of cheating and fraud, judge passed an order of 156(3), later police file an FIR thereafter 1 yr had passed but police did not arrested the accused nor filed Closure report.So, I filed a writ petition at High court there the police said they will be filing Closure report.A month has passed within which I wrote to the SPI to kindly inform the IO to submit the report but yet not submitted.What are the next steps that I should take ?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
769 votes
Well, you can file a RTI in the concerned Police Station and in Court to know the status, that, whether Closure Report has been filed in your case or not by the concerned Investigation Officer. If from the RTI, you get the response, that, closure report has not been filed yet, then, you can file a case of Perjury against the IO for telling lies before the Court regards filing of closure report.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."