Clarification on time limit for filing charge sheet by police

I am giving exam in place of my friend and agency caught me and filed FIR With Ipc 419,420 and 8 month passed but police didnt filed chargesheet what should i do now?

Answers (4)

107 votes

Did you get Bail or not if not then it's a technical ground for Bail better if you contact us then I will elaborate properly about your case.

Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

261 votes

If chage sheet has not filed you can't do for it because it is in your favour
For know how contact me.
Because there is many point which you will have to know about all.
You have to file writ in High court.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
136 votes

Under offence of 420, police is bound to file charges geet within 60 days of arresting of accused..However police can apply for extension of time and that is on the discretion of magistrate to give or reject such extension...You can call ud fir more info..Regards team lawyer Mitra

141 votes

If you have an order or anticipatory bail or stay of arrest (from High Court) in your favour, then in my opinion you don't do anything and keep cooperating in the police investigation. If not, then obtain anticipatory bail or stay of arrest order. Once chargesheet is filed, challenge the proceedings of criminal case under sec 482 CrPC.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles