Clarification on time limit for filing charge sheet by police

I am giving exam in place of my friend and agency caught me and filed FIR With Ipc 419,420 and 8 month passed but police didnt filed chargesheet what should i do now?

If you have an order or anticipatory bail or stay of arrest (from High Court) in your favour, then in my opinion you don't do anything and keep cooperating in the police investigation. If not, then obtain anticipatory bail or stay of arrest order. Once chargesheet is filed, challenge the proceedings of criminal case under sec 482 CrPC.

Under offence of 420, police is bound to file charges geet within 60 days of arresting of accused..However police can apply for extension of time and that is on the discretion of magistrate to give or reject such extension...You can call ud fir more info..Regards team lawyer Mitra

If chage sheet has not filed you can't do for it because it is in your favour
For know how contact me.
Because there is many point which you will have to know about all.
You have to file writ in High court.

Did you get Bail or not if not then it's a technical ground for Bail better if you contact us then I will elaborate properly about your case.

Advocate Anurag Bhatt
Allahabad High Court