Clarification on legal rights of a girl against harassment by father

hello i am B nd i am 20 years old....i have some family issues ..... my father always throw me out of the house after abusing me nd my brother always tries to pull me down my mother did not say anythng bcz she is a 2nd wife of my father nd i am the daughter of my mother after all ths shit i adopt a pet for comfort now my family wants to throw him out nd tries to kill him now please tell me what are my legal rights can i stay with them or i dont have any right regarding this

Answers (3)

Now dear you have to file a case under section 125 for seeking maintenance against your father if your first mother is alive the. Your mother had no right on father property but you had all right you can file a crash for maintenance and your mother can also file a case for domestic violence against father and his son.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can file a case of Domestic Violence against your father and brother, in near by police station. Or approach directly to District Probation officer (DPO) for protection as well as for Maintenance.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Prashant Mendiratta
Lajpat Nagar 4, Delhi
26 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

If they resort to physical violence then you can file FIR and Complaint before Police Station relevant to your area and also copy to Woman HelpLine and DG Police. Though they can object to keeping pet in defence of safety and hygiene yet they cannot abuse you, beat you or insult you without any reason. If matter become serious then please take police action soonest.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Kya high Court Chandigarh mein case haarne ke based dobara reappeal ho Sakti hài ?…

Read More

i borrowed 10 lacs from a known person without any collateral or securty.paid interestt for about a year, but now not in state of paying back, as i su…

Read More

Last year my friend crashed his car killing his co-passenger. Can the event data recorder be challenged in the court in a culpable homicide case? The …

Read More

My neighbor verbally abused my wife in broad daylight. Would like to discuss about procedures of filling defamation case against him…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue