×

Clarification on legal rights of a girl against harassment by father

hello i am B nd i am 20 years old....i have some family issues ..... my father always throw me out of the house after abusing me nd my brother always tries to pull me down my mother did not say anythng bcz she is a 2nd wife of my father nd i am the daughter of my mother ..........now after all ths shit i adopt a pet for comfort now my family wants to throw him out nd tries to kill him now please tell me what are my legal rights can i stay with them or i dont have any right regarding this

Now dear you have to file a case under section 125 for seeking maintenance against your father if your first mother is alive the. Your mother had no right on father property but you had all right you can file a crash for maintenance and your mother can also file a case for domestic violence against father and his son.

You can file a case of Domestic Violence against your father and brother, in near by police station. Or approach directly to District Probation officer (DPO) for protection as well as for Maintenance.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore

If they resort to physical violence then you can file FIR and Complaint before Police Station relevant to your area and also copy to Woman HelpLine and DG Police. Though they can object to keeping pet in defence of safety and hygiene yet they cannot abuse you, beat you or insult you without any reason. If matter become serious then please take police action soonest.