Clarification on fraud by consultancy firm

Hello, I have been cheated by the consultancy as they charged around 3000 bucks saying that the amount is refundable, which is taken as the security of a tab which will be provided by JBM, the company theyre hiring for.They did provide a receipt of the same but did not mention the refundable thing anywhere in the slip. How to move further? They are not receiving any calls nor emails! Is it possible to get the money back? I do have the slip.

Answers (3)

203 votes

File a consumer case in district forum. as amount charged is not very high consumer forum will be very effective remedy for you. you can even represent your case personally there as a lawyer may not work for this amount.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

172 votes

You can approach to concerned police station and submit a written compliant elaboration the contents and requesting to fregister FIR against culprits u/s 406 and 420 IPC. Most probably if police calls them for enquiry of the subject matter , the accused may refund your amount by the intervention of Police otherwise FIR may be got registeted againt accused.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience
332 votes

There are two things,
Firstly, the concept of an valid agreement which exists between you and the consultant firm.
Secondly, if not mentioned you can not obtain money back unless you have a recording or a proof of there saying.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles