Case against sexual harassment by husband's uncle

Hi, My husband's uncle tried to sexually harass me 3 times after my marriage. This is the 3 rd year of my marriage. Before 3 months he again tried to do the same. But all the times I escaped. My mother in law knows everything but she is doing favour for his brother. Till now i didn't told this to anybody. But my husbands uncle played nicely and now my husband dont like me and my son. His uncle told me if i allow for what he needs then he will make my life back to normal otherwise he will destroy it. Can I proceed with a criminal case?

Answers (2)

191 votes

Of course you can proceed with a criminal case. First of all make all things clear before your husband, and let him be aware of the intentions and deeds of his uncle that will protect your marriage. Then File a complaint before the police. Narrate the whole incidents before them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

241 votes

U can file a domestic violence against ur husbands mother and his uncle also. In that complaint u can also plead all these things. And u can seek for protection order from the court to stay at that home.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles