×

Can husband quash the FIR filed by wife under sec 498A

A divorcee woman has filed 498A case case against het previous husband and father in law. Can it be quashed in high court? Is this possible? What is the process and how much time will it take?

You can file quash petition under section 482 of the Cr. P. C for quash the criminal proceeding against you. And time depends on court . and without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Yet it was quashed . If divorce has been completed then she is not your wife. There have so many judgement of High Court.
Don't worry.
If 498A case before passing the Decree of Divorce then it may depends upon your case.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore