Can husband quash the FIR filed by wife under sec 498A

A divorcee woman has filed 498A case case against het previous husband and father in law. Can it be quashed in high court? Is this possible? What is the process and how much time will it take?

Answers (2)

213 votes

You can file quash petition under section 482 of the Cr. P. C for quash the criminal proceeding against you. And time depends on court . and without detail discussion proper consult is not possible.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Yet it was quashed . If divorce has been completed then she is not your wife. There have so many judgement of High Court.
Don't worry.
If 498A case before passing the Decree of Divorce then it may depends upon your case.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles