Can father claim expenditure spent on son as he is cruel &harassing;

Sir, I am retired employee and senior citizen now.took birth from traditional valuers family. My son (only one) got studied, married with my own earnings and now job less. Became cruel and insulting my elders ,neighbors and also me everyday as I am teaching him to be good, with filthy language. The house in his and his name got constructed with hard work and my little contribution was also there Now I have to left the Home where we are all family members four in all. Since he is rejecting me I wanted the expenditure spent for his brought up for his education and marriage to be reimbursed from him. Can i Have any legal remedy for this issue. Pl reply Thanking

Answers (2)

102 votes

As u stated in the above query it is the children responsibility to take care of their parents until his last breath . A new amendment came that even the senior citizens can claim for maintenance from their children .
For further query contact me personally.
Thanking you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

sir you can claim for maintenance and you can also file a petition under maintenance and welfare of parents and senior citizens act 2007 but you cannot ask for the money which you have spent on your children i.e. on education etc....

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was looking for Home loan self a few years back and contacted an agent to help me out. He took all of the documents as he said will apply in all ban…

Read More

Please advise. The honorable judge in his order has given that FIR in the present case is of the year 2015 and dispute appears to be of civil in natur…

Read More

 I have been recruited in Central Govt. in 2013 and an FIR (IPC 420) had been filed against me in 2014 due to some property dispute. I have never…

Read More

My wife had a affair before marriage. Now she is getting calls from his X boy friends wife and she is threatening that she has photos of my wife and w…

Read More