Can departmental inquiry take place if the case is already in court

03-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Can departmental inquiry conducted on suspended person if the case is running in court
Answers (2)

Answer #1
606 votes
Yes it can be conducted. It is in discretion of department to conduct inquiry. They can also complete inquiry without waiting for the decision of the court. Sometimes some department waits till Court decision.
Answer #2
611 votes
Yes they can there is no restriction or stay if they want stay in the investigation they have to file writ petition before the high court only higher authority can take decisions otherwise department can make enquiry

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."