Can a girl file a complaint if a boy denies to marry her

01-May-2023 (In Criminal Law)
Hello Sir, I am from Kolkata. I work in a govt nationalised bank as a PO. Few months ago my family found a girl for marriage and they told her family that I would not be able to marry within 1 year. So that was fixed. So I remained in touch with her for about 4 months. We just met 3 times and no physical relationship has been built up. But now due to some problem I have changed my mind and I don't want to marry her now. She is blackmailing me that she will attempt suicide if I don't marry her. Her family is also pressurising to marry her. She has the records of all chat history that normally happens between couples. Can they lodge an FIR against me? and is their any legal implications for this? can they forcefully manipulate me to marry? and is there any chance for me to lose the goverment job in this case?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
936 votes
No they cannot force you to do any such act which is have to take immefiate measures prior to their allegations against have to take action immediately..plz contact for further opinion
Answer #2
696 votes
Respected Sir,

If you are on rolls of Government, then i am sure you are undergoing training under Service Rules also you are a PO and not confirmed, without going into further details i cannot advice further.

Answer #3
652 votes
You should at first write down all the incidents one after another wherebt you should specifically mentioned that she herself wanted the marriage after one year and there was no confirmed talk about the marriage, most importantly you did not have any physical relations, lastly allege her blackmail, send such complaint letter to the Officer in the

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."