Bail rejected by sessions court what should be our next step

My cousin arrested under drugs and cosmetics act section 18/27 and 420/34. He spent 6 days in police custody and more than one month in judicial custody. Last week we file bail which was rejected by session court. Please advise next course of action when we can apply bail and what is the maximum punishment under such section.

Answers (3)

253 votes

You can apply for bail before the same court again subject to change in any of the circumstances which was not there at the timing of filing of earlier bail application.Yoy can also file appeal gaianst the order in the form of bail application in the High Court assailing the order of the session court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

235 votes

if bail is rejected by session court in drug and cosmetic act, on e main point you have failed to mention that whether drug report in received or not, and it it is received, it is in your favour or against you. it is advisable to file bail petition in high court of delhi for getting bail in this case. we have dealt numbers of cases under the said act.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
180 votes

You need to appeal; against the said order of rejection.. it will be a bail application in the high court and since the accused has already spent a considerable time in jail.. there is all fair chances of the accused getting bail..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles