Applying for passport for pilgrimage while criminal case pending

Respected sir, i want to apply for passport as i want to go for hajj.. But i have a criminal case pending against me with charges 341,323,114 IPC... Sir plz help me to how can i get my passport as i need it to go for pilgrimage to saudi arabia..

Answers (2)

65 votes

If anyone applies for passport but any criminal case is pending then prior approval of the Court is necessary as per Section 6 of The Passport Act else while verification the police will find the pending criminal case and inform the same to the passport authority hence your application will get rejected.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

280 votes

Since a criminal case is pending against you, try to obtain a leave by filing a petition before the trial court for applying a passport for pilgrimage. If the court gives you leave, fill the passport application form and provide right information and details of the criminal case in the proforma and also try to affix the order of leave of the court with such application form and submit to the authority. All the best, Regards

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles