Accused absconded how can we progress further in this case

The court had issued NBW against the murder accused as he failed to appear before it when the trail has started few days ago, police have claimed that he is missing, how can we processed further in this case, can you please advice me on this?.

Answers (2)

In the instance , the court issued NBW against the murder accused and police did not arrest/produce before the court . Once crime is registered, police submit charge sheet to court.
case shall proceed based on the other accused and prosecution witnesses. The missing accused shall be kept on hold and the trial shall be continued.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Police have to issue look out notices for the person who is missing and police also have the right to issue news paper advertisements to trace the murder accused who is missing.
if you have the passport details of the murder accused, then the passport can be impounded.
also the police and court have the power to attach the properties of murder accused who is missing.

Popular Criminal Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Criminal Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, for requesting a bail, who can stand for surety? What are the documents required for individuals surety person. If the surety amount is 15000, wha…

Read More

Hi, My father-in-law got arrested in yesterday's crowd at punchkula and police has charged ipc307 and explosives. What shall I do to get him bail.…

Read More

I have a 304 B and 498 (A) case pending in the high court, i was convicted for 4years by the civil court and imprisoned for 3.5 yrs and i was on out b…

Read More

A guy killed in neighbour town....n we all were protesting in our town..soon stone pelting startd...tyres were burnd shop were burnd... n i was moving…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue