IPC Section for not returning money

21-Sep-2023 (In Criminal Law)

420 IPC for not returning money

I took money from a relative 1 year, in 4months he has filed 420 fir. Now even if i give money back, what will happen?
Answers (1)

Answer #1
633 votes
Hai.. I will assist you with respect to the issue that you have raised

You can file a quashing petition before High court seeking to quash the FIR

for more details fix an appointment with me through LawRato
People also ask

How can I get money back from someone without proof?

Send a written demand for payment. File a case in the small claims court. Hire a lawyer to file a case in the appropriate court. File a police complaint if you think you have been cheated. Get an order from the court to attach the person's property.

Can police help in money recovery?

The Karnataka High Court has said that the criminal law cannot be set into motion for recovery of money paid under a contract, unless the offence of cheating or even criminal breach of trust is established. 02-Aug-2022

How can I legally recover money from someone?

to recover a debt from a debtor, filing a suit is one of the most effective and efficient ways. Thus, filing a lawsuit in the court of competent jurisdiction is the civil remedy for recovering the money from the defaulter. The suit is filed under the Order IV of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.

What if someone is not returning my money?

In case of default in the repayment of money, a lender can approach the court and file a civil suit for recovery of money or a criminal suit for fraud/ breach of the agreement.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."