Senior used my card, now company wants to recover the amount from me

My manager used my corporate card with higher management's approval. Later He did not submit the bills for the same. Now the company wants to recover the expenses from me. Having always been fair in my transactions I feel this is entirely unjust. Please provide you advice.

Answers (3)

345 votes

Respected Sir,
You can contact the higher authorities in writing about the same issue. And to prove you claim right you might need some proof that the card was used maliciously with an intention to cause you financial harm. On the other had you can file a complaint under section 420 of IPC for cheating.

Saqib Gigani.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

341 votes

Dear Client,

DO you have written approval from higher management? If no its anytime better to resolve this issue amicably. Few bad things happen in corporate life, but its better to learn from it and move on.
Any ways, if the bill amount is high, you can very well escalate the issue to HR and concern supervisors.

Expert Jurist LLP

Popular Corporate Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience
71 votes

you can file the police complaint against the your manager for cheating and criminal breech of trust and if police did not take any action you can file an complaint before Magistrate Court for direction to the police for registration of FIR against your manger.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Corporate Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles