How can i get my Company Registered?

In Trademark & Copyright Law

Have a business plan & want to register a company name without a physical office before actually venturing into it. Pls let me know: 1. Under which category should TM be registered for diversified business. 2) Necessary to have physical address? 3) Can I start current bank a/c with the TM name as a/c holder 4) Is TM cost one time or recurrent 5) Where to search if TM is available online 6) How to register the company online 7) Documents required for (a) company registration (b) trademark registration.

Answers (1)

339 votes

1) You will need to register your trademark under a few different classes depending on the scope of your business. There is no 'blanket' class for trademarks. The government fee for one class at the moment is Rs. 4,000/- and will soon be revised to Rs. 8,000/- so it would be wise to apply immediately.

2) Yes you need a physical address. You could use a rented accommodation where you reside after taking a NOC from the landlord. The address is only used by the MCA for communication through post.

3) No you will need to open the bank account in the name of the company. Only a TM will not suffice for this purpose.

4) The initial cost of Rs. 4,000/- will only be to process your application and you may then begin to use the trademark with a (TM) sign. There are a few minor costs which you will need to incur in the future. If there are oppositions filed then there will be further costs however getting a TM is quite reasonable. There is no renewal fee for a TM as yet.

5) You can do an online search here:

6) You will first need to apply for a digital signature. Then you may file a INC-29 Form which is a composite form for registration of a company. This information may be accessed at:

7) Documentation

(a) Documents require for a TradeMark are:
(i) Form TM 48
(ii) Trade Mark Application
(iii) Representations to accompany the application.

(b) Documents required for Incorporation if you are using the INC 29 Form:
(i) Digital signature documents such as ID and residence proof
(ii) NOC from landlord for registered office
(iii) Form INC 9
(iv) Form INC 10
(v) subscriber sheet indicating share holding
(vi) Constitutional documents such as Articles of Association and Memorandum of Association
(vii) Additional contracts such as shareholders agreements and NDAs

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


Popular Trademark & Copyright Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
26 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
10 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Trademark & Copyright Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles