Wedding photographer lost all marriage photos and cheated

Wedding phtographer cheated me by not delivering my marriage photos as per the agreement. Now he says he lost all the photos & can't deliver it. It's been 8 month since my marriage. I paid total 45k for photos and videos. He delivered the videos. Mainly he has been cheating me by saying today i will give tomo i will give like that. Due to that I suffered a lot mentally. It seems he is ready to face this legally. Now what should i do and as photos gone if compensation how much maximum i can expect ?

Answers (4)

Well you can file consumer complaint. In that complaint you can ask for compensation. The amount of compensation is up to you and the lawyer to decide. You can file the consumer complaint in appropriate consumer forum which suits your jurisdiction. The complaint can be filed under the cause of action Unfair Trade Practice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello Sir,
Regret that you've lost one of the most important photos. Upon complaint, the Consumer forum would award compensation for mental agony caused due to deficiency of services in addition to the Fee you paid to the photographer. After Award you can even make arrangement to publish the case so as to prevent others from getting cheated by this photographer.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Shikhar Khare
Jangpura Extension, Delhi
6 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
18 years Experience
Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
23 years Experience

have to file the case in consumer court in the appropriate jurisdiction and to demand damages and compensation for the loss and sorrow caused by the photographer. after perusing the case and the supporting evidence like the receipt, agreement documents and other supporting document the honble judge will satisfied and pass order in favour of the aggrieved person.

Send him a notice ask him for a reply, after reply or after expiry of the stipulated time file a Consumer complaint on seeking compensation for the lost Photos, and ask him to compensate of RS.1,00,00/- for the negligence of his work and mental agony caused for you.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.5 | 16 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
Legal Notice for Faulty Product / Services

4.4 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Consumer Dispute Advice Session by Phone

4.6 | 77 ratings
Legal advice and answers from a local experienced advocate about your consumer dispute issue
Similar questions

lic policy is issued to me on the basis of fraud agent's documentation. the agent's husband has signed the documents in his wife's name. h…

Read More

Dear Sir My father is Retired Govt employee gave amount to relatives total of 7,50,000 in the year 2012 . He gave surety of register land worth of Rs …

Read More

Does wrong deductions billed for out going RINGs and billed for number not in service... by mob phone co. Does this comes under mistake or negligence …

Read More

Dear Sir, There is racket of fraud vacation plan company going on in this country ex "Country vacation" "Go leisure international pleas…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue