Studio guy not returning my marriage CD given for service

Hello Advocate, I got married Feb'2017 and had asked a studio guy to record both reception and wedding, We paid him on time (There is no receipt he gave but as we transferred the amount Online we have that as a proof of Payment). He gave us the CD after 2 months but when we saw it was getting stuck right at marriage. so we gave him the CD to correct the error last April'2018 which he accepted to correct and give soon and its been one year now for April'19, he has still not given us the CD. every time we call he says will give weekend or tomorrow and never shows up(I have call recordings of his promises to return CD). what action can I take? Please advice

Answers (1)

156 votes

Sir, you have option to file a complaint against that person with pryer of seek direction to hand over the Marriage CD and compensation for mental agony. if he fails to hand over the CD, then direct him to refund the amount with interest along with compensation. Before approaching to consumer court, you required to issue legal notice to him through an advocate. after knowing about his reply then better to move accordance with law.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles