Receipts by builder not given even after payment of booking amount

I have filled a booking form and paid 40 percent amount by cheque to the Ats green, Noida to book a flat in sector 150, but they have not given me any receipts. Please help.

Answers (5)

75 votes

You should right them letters and emails cliaming the reciepts of those payments made by you. Further, if they dont respond to your email or dont give you the reciepts, then you can a consumer complaint for deficiency of service in counsumer court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

116 votes

Receipt is your right and if any one denies to provide a receipt of payment than ask for the same through a letter by mentioning your cheque details in that, after receiving of the letter they will definitely provide the receipt, otherwise immediately complain against them in concerned police station

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
172 votes

Just consult to an advocate for your grievance and tell facts about your case by builder not issued receipt to you. Or snd legal notice for issuing the proper receipt. It is the eonly solutions for your case

204 votes

You must be having a copy of the booking form in which the amount paid by you by way of cheque and other details must have been mentioned .You can request the company in writing about the receipts for payment made to them through cheque for your booking .Hopefully the Company will provide you with receipt which will serve your purpose for keeping them for your records and future reference .As the payment has been made by cheque and if the copy of form filled at time of booking mentions the purpose of payment ,there should not be any problem.

146 votes

In this regard, i advise you to send a Legal Notice at first asking them to give you receipts in regard to whatever payment which has been made by you. Incase, they still do not send you the payment receipts, then we can initiate other legal remedies.
For more information, feel free to have a word with me.
All the best.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles