quesPossession delay due to faulty const. & withholding charges

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have a flat in daruhera from Vipul Group wherein due to faulty construction we have denied taking the possession and they have slapped the Withholding charges. There is no communication from the builder till date despite repeated requests. Please advise what to do.

  • ansThe best remedy which is available in this case is approaching the Consumer forum, although you can also go to Competition Commission Of India(DLF case). In this case, two things needs to be examined carefully. Firstly the "Faulty construction" and secondly "Terms of the contract"(Brochure). If this withholdings charges are not governed by the contract then that is illegal. I would also like to know the detailed version of faulty construction. We have to establish in what sense the construction is faulty.
    Firstly a legal notice will be sent to the builder and then a complaint under section 13 of the consumer protection act will be moved. The jurisdiction of the forum will depend upon the pecuniary damages suffered by the party.

    Advocate Rahul Khandelwal

      DLF Phase- III, Gurgaon

  • Send a legal notice for faulty product or service @ Rs. 1499/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Consumer Court lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was availing internet service from MTS. Due to their technical issues; I couldn’t able…
I have purchased flat in Aman apartment Patna which is located in South chandmari road…

I have booked a flat on pre-launch offer.It is already 3 years and the flat…

When filing a complaint before the National Commission (Consumer Tribunal) under consumer protection act against…

Consumer Court Lawyers in India

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly