Paid money to dealer for insurance. He did't pay the company. Remedy?

I have bought a Tata Nano Lx from a Tata showroom. I paid the insurance amount to the showroom since it was a new one. After 1 month there was a small dent in my car and I got it repaired from the same show room(service center), but now the insurance company is rejecting to pay the claim since the showroom guys have not paid the insurance amount to the insurance. Kindly advice.

Answer

You can file a complaint at the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority through their online portal. If the problem does not get resolved there either you can also approach the Consumer Court against the Insurance Company. You can also file a criminal case against the concerned showroom for the criminal breach of trust and cheating.