My interior designer took money but work is not done since 5 months

Hello, I want to know what options do I have in the given case. I paid my interior designer company around 90%, they have started the work in mid feb 2016, since then they respond just completed only half of the interior work, they are avoiding my calls since last few weeks. Not responding to my messages as well. I wasted lot of my working office hours chasing these guys, wasting money on rented house in stead of living in my own. Please suggest how i go about it. I gave them enough time and did whatever they said but still bad experience and suffering . Thanks.

Answers (3)

100 votes

Serve a legal notice on them.
Ask for refund, compensation and other losses you have faced.
Approach a good lawyer with all the papers.
You can also approach the consumer court if your grievance are not redressed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

156 votes

you may contact with your relevant documents to see what can be done in your case , and what kind of evidence/documents you have for your claim ,generally approach to consumer court is mostly a late procedure but all depends on the relevant proof and situation, hence better approach our office or any lawyer of competence. Ofc : Adv Pankaj Kumar ...

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
320 votes

Is there any agreement between you and the Interior designer company? If yes, what are the payment schedules? On what basis you have paid 90% of the work amount? Remedy is approaching consumer reddressal forum against the designer for the damages caused including the mental harassment by the designer, subject to having supporting legal document.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles