How can I claim refund of my booking amount with interest

Respected Sir, I've paid booking amount for a flat 3 years ago. Registration of flat couldn't happen because he was not having clearance now project is delayed and doesn't seem to be completed. I want my booking money refund. Is it possible? Is builder bound to pay interest ? if yes, at what rate ?

Answers (3)

226 votes

You can give notice to builder for refund of the amount. You can claim the bank interest rates. Generally 9 to 12% interest is awarded. You can also claim damages and amount for mental harassment. If the builder fails to pay you can approach consumer forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

101 votes

Dear client first send legal notice through lawyer to builder and ask refund of money with interest and compensation for mental harassment. If builder not refund the amount then file case in consumer court against him. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
74 votes

You may get refund, but intrest part is doubtful.
You can try your luck by filing complaint in court.
Its long procedure so take steps as early as possible.
You can also file police complaint.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles