Gave advance amount to builder unable to pay rest not giving refund

I paid 51000 Rs for 2bhk flat booking but now due to some financial problem I am unable to pay it's further amount so I asked the builder to refund my entire money. It had been 5 months to it but no any refund is made till today. Kindly suggest me what I need to do now

Answers (2)

202 votes

At the outset please go through the entire terms and conditions of the agreement between you and builder. If you don' t find any term or condition regarding refund of the amount which you have paid to builder, then send him a legal notice through your lawyer and if there is no response to your legal notice then file a consumer complaint in consumer forum.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

117 votes

Dear sir in this matter you have paid a booking amount to the builder to purchase of flat but now you dont want to purchase due to financial problem. In this matter you have no choice to recover the amount

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles