Complaint for charging card swiping charges by merchants. Advice.

On 2nd Jan 2018, I went to collect my royal enfield. Everything was fine, except for when they asked me to pay the bill and they mentioned that if I use my debit/ credit card they will charge additional 2% as "Card Swipping Charges". I told them that it is illegal to do that I will inform the Bank. They didnt listen and hence I had asked them to mention that on the invoice copy that they are charging me additional 2% on the overall bill as swipping charges. Now I am looking to file a complaint to stop this practice and penalize these merchants. At the same time, I am going to ask for compensation for the grievances caused.

you file a complaint with the nearest consumer court and can file for extra charges which is illegal and you can claim compensation and prohibit them to do so charging extra for using card and you can give a complaint to the other governmental departments also

Firstly you have to give a notice to bank that illegally you are collecting card swiping charges from the customers. Secondly ascertain from the bank as to whether there are any guidelines for collecting card swiping charges. If so get the details on what date guidelines were passed and take necessary course of action against the bank and merchant retailer.

Due to Central Government policy business people are collecting service charges from customers.it is illegal. I appreciate you for coming forward to take some action. You make Finance secretary, Bank and business establishment as parties and seek compensation for harassing in the name of cashless transactions. Good luck