Cheated by a Moving Company on Insurance of Goods

Dear Sir - I have recently moved some household goods to New Jersey, USA through a moving company. They charged me for replacement value of the goods transported. However when they shipment arrived, half of it was damaged and we estimated the losses to be about US$25,000. At this point the moving company said, they never filed the insurance with an underwriter and blamed it on a negligent employee. This is in spite of issuing me a receipt for the insurance. I have extensive documentation for all the dealings and photographs of damaged goods. Let me know if you can hep please.

Answers (1)

321 votes

You can file a consumer complaint in consumer court. You can claim damages and compensation from the transporter. Take an appointment if you want to pursue this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles