Cheated and non delivery by local fabricator. How to recover money?

Cheating and Non-Delivery of Service by a Local Fabricator.
I paid Rs. 60000 for fabrication+installation of window grills to my new flat in Panjim. I have the payment receipt (done by check, and also confirmation by fabricator (in writing) for the same.
Till today, the guy is absconding and could not be found when we visit his house in Goa.
What is the Legal recourse to recover the money we had paid to him?

Answers (1)

210 votes
You can file a Recovery Suit under Order XXXVII of CPC. Alternatively, you can ask for Specific Performance of Contract.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles