Cheated and non delivery by local fabricator. How to recover money?

Cheating and Non-Delivery of Service by a Local Fabricator.
I paid Rs. 60000 for fabrication+installation of window grills to my new flat in Panjim. I have the payment receipt (done by check, and also confirmation by fabricator (in writing) for the same.
Till today, the guy is absconding and could not be found when we visit his house in Goa.
What is the Legal recourse to recover the money we had paid to him?

You can file a Recovery Suit under Order XXXVII of CPC. Alternatively, you can ask for Specific Performance of Contract.