Bought TV. Company refusing to repair or replace damage. What to do?

I bought a TV from 5 years back. Now the warranty is over. The display tube of the tv got damaged itself over the use. I gave it for repairs to center in july. They responded that the display tube is not manufactured any more nor it can be repaired, so buy a new tv. As a consumer can i file a case against them? Do i have any right?

Answers (3)

114 votes

such matters are pertaining with default in service in your case you bought TV 5 years back where the guaranty period as well as warranty period is over hence there is no obligation remain on the service provider so he is not bound to perform any service against you regarding the product. i suggest you to take help of private electrician for repairing your TV.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

You can try to get the new TV and adjust the price with the old one, since it cannot be repaired. However, if the company still refuses to budge from their stand, you can send them a legal notice stating deficiency in service from their end and that legal action would be taken in case they refuse to comply.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
133 votes

Unfortunately once your warranty is over the is nothing that you can do. You would be spending a lot of time and money fighting your case in the consumer court. It is better if you get your T.V fixed from any normal TV repair shop as that would be more cost effective for you. Since your warranty is also expired, the TV Company also has no liability towards you. Maybe you can approach them and ask them if they can offer you an exchange offer on a new TV!

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles