Basic Amenities not given by builder even after 2.5 years

Even after 2.5 years of giving the builder has not provided basic amenities as promised, like swimming pool, club house, gym etc. We requested him to hand over the daily RWA maintenance which he is not willing to give as he is enjoying the profit for the same. He is charging very high maintenance charges & don't provide any break up of electricity bills I am using. Infact he slapped 2 lakhs as late fine from me & he himself has not provided any basic facilities. Can I go to consumer court & demand my late fine & ask for penalty for not providing me these facilities? How can we make RWA & take over the daily maintenance of the apartment?

Answers (3)

302 votes

Yes the jurisdiction of consumer forum can be invoked regarding amenities promised by the builder. Since 2.5 years have already elapsed so the consumer complaint has to be filed immediately or else it shall become time barred.
Also the RWA has to be formed to take over from builder.
The modalities can be worked out if all the residents make up their mind for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

104 votes

Yes you can file a consumer complaint against builder demanding the facility that has been given to you as per the agreement made between you and builder. You and other members of society made a welfare society.

Popular Consumer Court Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
312 votes

You must approach consumer court. The builder can only be pressurised through court proceedings. Although court proceedings are time consuming but you have no other option. You can claim back all illegal charges along with prayer for completion of basic amenities as promised.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Consumer Court Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles