×

Basic Amenities not given by builder even after 2.5 years

Even after 2.5 years of giving the builder has not provided basic amenities as promised, like swimming pool, club house, gym etc. We requested him to hand over the daily RWA maintenance which he is not willing to give as he is enjoying the profit for the same. He is charging very high maintenance charges & don't provide any break up of electricity bills I am using. Infact he slapped 2 lakhs as late fine from me & he himself has not provided any basic facilities. Can I go to consumer court & demand my late fine & ask for penalty for not providing me these facilities? How can we make RWA & take over the daily maintenance of the apartment?

You must approach consumer court. The builder can only be pressurised through court proceedings. Although court proceedings are time consuming but you have no other option. You can claim back all illegal charges along with prayer for completion of basic amenities as promised.

Yes you can file a consumer complaint against builder demanding the facility that has been given to you as per the agreement made between you and builder. You and other members of society made a welfare society.

Advocate Parvez Ahamed
Magrath Road, Bangalore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune

Yes the jurisdiction of consumer forum can be invoked regarding amenities promised by the builder. Since 2.5 years have already elapsed so the consumer complaint has to be filed immediately or else it shall become time barred.
Also the RWA has to be formed to take over from builder.
The modalities can be worked out if all the residents make up their mind for the same.