Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Wrongly mentioned partition suit in preliminary decree, what to do

Hi sir , my case is in pending from past 12 years. I have a ancestors property and Final judgment has been done on my favour in 2008. But I trusted my relatives and dint see the preliminary decree. We got a orders from court to appoint commissioner to have survey process. But recently I got to know that one acre is missed in property schedule . Instead of mentioning 2 acre, they have wrongly mentioned 1 acre . I am totally panic now. What is the next procedure to make this corrected? Lawyers have misguided me so far and dint educate us properly.

Answers (3)

You have to file an application seeking rectification of the same....the documents have to be filed along with it in order for the same.... The court then will rectify the same and then you can file an fdp

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Ask your lawyer to reopen the case and file an application by showing the court that the final judgement has been in your favor and submit the court that one acre in favor of you is is missed in property schedule instead of two acres and it is mentioned wrongly mentioned as one acre and ask for correction and request the court to reopen the case for rectification, after hearing and giving notice to other parties court will hear and do needful.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate T Kalaiselvan
Kosapet, Vellore
17 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore
Shaniwar Peth, Pune
10 years Experience

Raise this objection in the final decree proceedings as the description of the property was not given properly
But you ought to have raised this objection in the written statement itself.. coming to this stage your scope being limited you can challenge it in final decree .

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

A case is going on in a High Court,In the last hearing of case orders uploaded on website are: ARGUMENTS ARE CONCLUDED, JUDGEMENT IS RESERVED, What do…

Read More

I had given an insurance claim case to a lawyer but he did not filed the case and kept on saying that the case is in process.later i came to know that…

Read More

Hi, when the first IA findings was objected by the respondents, the judge has passed a new IA with order 26 rule 9(CPC) as on the trial day my lawyer …

Read More

Execution has been filed on an ex parte decree passed by a patiala house court . need help and advice on how to set it aside .…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue