Who can claim the pension if there is no nominee added

My grandfather has pension account to which he does not made any nomiee and he is not making any nomiee. he is very old 90 years old and he has two son. in the future if anything happen to him then who can claim on his money in the bank account if he is not making any nomiee.

Answers (2)

138 votes

As per my advice I will advise you that it is the departmental procedure that when any employee going to retired before hi or her retirement prepare the pension payment order for the employee and after the death of employee family pension for his family and in such procedure declaration of nominee is a mandatory provision if your father mistake about that or it hapend on the mistake of the department it can not say , it is the mistake of both the side employee and employer and such mistake can be rectified giving the declaration about nominee.
I will advise you that you go before the concerning department and take the form for declaration of nominee after retirement and take signature of your father and submit before the department and pray for rectified the pension payment order I hope they will consider your request and accept your nominee name otherwise only option is to go before the Hon'ble High Court.

I hope this advice will help you to understand and face the situation if any other enquiry or any confusion you can post more enquiry on my Lawrato account.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

155 votes

If your grandfather does not make any person a nominee in his said account or if he leaves body / soul without giving a will in relation to the amount deposited in the said account, then both of his sons will have the right to claim it.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles