What to do in court when the DL has been seized for drink and drive

07-May-2023 (In Civil Law)
My DL was seized and challan was issued to appear in Patiala House court room no. 16 on dat 5th June 2018 Any advise what process should I follow, and what paper work is needed (if any). Do i need to just go and stand at room no. 16 on said date? What could be a possible outcome from the court? This is my first offence and I was not heavily drunk or in any accident. It was a random check and I fell prey to it while I just consumed very light alcohol.

Answer #1
Sir firstly reveal that whether car is registered in your name or not and whether police officer has mentioned any amount in this or not and tried to go with a lawyer who will manage everything thing.
Answer #2
Dear Querist,

Please do not go in person. engaged any counsel who will appear on your behalf because judges take these offences very seriously. I hereby advice you to engage a counsel on your behalf because the punishment for1st offence is imprisonment upto 6 months and on second offence imprisonment upto 2 years along with fine up to Rs. 10,000/-
Answer #3
Please share your blood alcohol index in accordance with the breath analyser.

While this is a criminal offence under section 185 of MV Act, the new rules have increased the fine amount from 2000 to 10000. I will be at Patiala House on 05.06.2018 and can represent you in court. Get in touch for further discussions.
Answer #4
Firstly go to and Enquied that where is your challan and then some paper work will be done and after this you have to submit the fine and then you will get you all documents which are submitted by the police officer.
Thank you
Adv. A. F. Faizi