quesWhat to do if the girlfriend is forcing to marry

 I tried to keep a distance from my gf but she persuaded me to continue. With time we came closer and had intimate relationship too. She became pregnant once which was aborted in a reputed hospital. Now she is forcing me to marry her or else threatened me of going to the police. I have govt job and now I am in complete dilemma. Please suggest how can I get rid of her completely without hampering my professional as well as personal life ?

  • ansDear Sir, as discussed by you, you developed physical relations with your gf with her consent. If she was major i.e. above the age of 18 years and was in a position to understand her good or bad at the time of giving her consent only than you need not to worry in any manner but if she was a minor at the time of giving her consent or the consent was not willful than you shall be in trouble.

    Advocate Ajay Singh

      Karol Bagh, Delhi

  • ansAs per latest judgement of supreme court, a person is eligible for anticipatory bail if FIR lodged on the ground of marriage promise. Govt job shall not be effected while the final judgement announced.

    Advocate Shitanshu Kumar Gaur

      Karkardooma Court, Delhi

  • ansYou don’t need to worry for the same concern
    This case needs special guidance and preventive steps to be taken before she proceed further and move to police





    Advocate Mohit Rana

      Janakpuri, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Civil lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir, I original caste is halwai which is gudia in Orissa actually migrated from Bihar…
I had appealed a case in yr 2013, notices sent and received by party ,…
My wife put 125 crpc 1 year ago I paid 12000 pm initial I didn't…
Neghbour still using my property after injection order because there​ is no boundary they destroyed…

Civil Lawyers in India

Advocate Ramakrishnan S.

  Cunningham Road
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Preeti Joshi

  District Court
 Experience: 10 years

View all >>

Get free assistance for your legal issue

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly

We're in News