Want to revoke Gift Deed given to Minor Grand Son

Hi, A Hindu Grand father gave his self acquired property to his Grand Son (Son's son) through GIFT DEED. In the Gift deed he mentioned himself (Grand Father) as the Guardian to the Minor Child (Grand Son). After executing the gift deed, his Son sent away them out of his house. Now they (Grand Parents of the minor) are of no shelter. My question is - Can the grand father REVOKE the Gift Deed which he gave to the Minor Grand Son? If Yes, then the process should be through Court or Registrar Office is sufficient. Thank You very much for your suggestion in advance!

Answers (2)

145 votes

whereas gift deed can be cancelled through court by the grand father
and also can be done through registrar office also,
my advice is filing in court is more authentic,
hence my advice is file a case in court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

194 votes


Is the gift deed registered? Is the gift deed revocable or irrevocable? If the gift deed is unregistered and revocable, there is no need to worry and if it is registered, you need to revoke the gift deed. However, if the gift deed is irrevocable, you cannot revoke the gift deed. However, a proper advice may be rendered only after perusal of the contents of the gift deed.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

What Is Caveat Petition and how does it works…

Read More

Hello all, My father has got 8 acre land from my grand father , he asks us( me and my brother and mother ) to sign and give that land to his co-brothe…

Read More

I am planning yo buy a flat 2bhk. The property has no OC, CC or RERA. The builders says that because the construction started on 2016 so, it does not …

Read More

My Friend has borrowed 40000 from me.There is no Proof of Promissory note.I have only the bank statement as proof.Some of my Friends are proof.Is bank…

Read More