Transport department denying license due to monocular vision

I am a monocular vision person, I have applied for driving licence on 18.01.2018 at Dwarka sector 10 RTO , MLO has denied first stating we do not issue driving licence to monocular vision person, then I showed him RTI of his own dept. As well as RTI by transport ministry stating driving licence can be issued if govt. Doctor permit. Still MLO is just delaying my case , after showing him RTI and doctor certification ( I obtained from govt. Dr.) He is not denying neither moving ahead and just tossing the matter to HQ and himself. Kindly seggest what to do . Even I filed RTI and RTI is been unanswered even after 30 days about same thing . I showed him that other state RTO are issuing DL to monocular vision person but still he is indifferent about my case.

Answers (2)

247 votes

Before I respond to this, there are numerous ways in which we can tackle the department, however, I need to know the status of your functioning eye. What is quality of vision? What documents do you have to support your vision? Feel free to write here.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

hi, i have gone through the query. In my opinion you can file a writ petition before the high court of delhi seeking direction to the transport department to issue you the licence as it is your fundamental right and other RTOs are issuing the licences.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles