Sale of land for which order has been passed by court 16 years back

an order giving permission to sell land belonging to debota properties was passed by the district judge in year 2002 in Alipore court Kolkata. the said order has not been challenged otherwise. is the above order valid in 2018 for sale purpose of the said land?

Answers (2)

131 votes

Actually Decree of Civil Court will be valid for 12 years. and now it was 16 years. my advise is if you have an order for alinate the property then at first you try to sold it, if there is any objection then you should proceed before the Court through your previous Ld. Lawyer or any other one.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

186 votes

you should file a fresh case seeking permission to sell as you will have to so why the Deity needs the money now and to be bona fide sell it as per the present market value assess by the registrar Office. By doing so the court will not be inclined to interfere even if the other party objects to such the sell. Do give a explanation why in 16 years you could not sell the property and how you had maintained the Deity in all these years.
The order con not be said to be valid in 2018 or invalid as the purpose for which sell order was granted by court has become invalid/ infructuous in 2018.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We had filed a petition through a lawyer who is fighting our case on 8th August (petition number available). After which the case was filed and the ma…

Read More

Sir supreme court complete hearing k baad decision kitane tym tak pending reh sakta h…

Read More

i was accused of sending a msg to my enemy, however i lost the sim earlier and probably found by the enemy and misused it. I did not go for any lawyer…

Read More

I have selected for govt job . I have not mention about my case 323/324506 ipc 34.because case was closed and court acquitted me in my attestation for…

Read More