Role of limitation period in filing petition regarding ancestral land.

dear sirthe property in the name of my great grandfather. He was passed without any will. He had two sons (my grandfather and his brother) also not partition the property passed they have blessed one son. my father was gifted 1/4 of land to my mother in 1956 due to ill health (i am in my mother womb). my father was passed in 1961 when i am 5 years old. the remaining part of the property was occupied and enjoyed by my father in laws(my mothers father & 4 uncles). total 1/2 of the property enjoyed from 1961 and sold a part of the property without any right. my mother and grand mother (sister of my father in laws) supported to their relatives. i don\\\'t know this information because my mother told me they are all our family members so the property was shared equally. But now we identified (my son) that the property belongs to my great grand. they are not having any registers documents relating to property. but they get P. passbook in 1995 and enrolled in revenue records. may i sue on it

Answers (1)

120 votes

You can suit aganist them for your entire property of your ancestral. Mere p.books on their name doesn't give them the title over that property. Since the date of your knowdge you can file a suit with in 3 years.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
9 years Experience
Advocate Vivek Sharma
Govindpuram, Ghaziabad
5 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
13 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles