Property purchased through bank auction still possession not given

I purchase property from bank of Baroda through auction and also deposited all amount.till now the bank has given me the sale certificate but not possession to me.its been more 45 days that bank has not given the possession. When I asked them they told me that it is pending with collector for approval. How many more days I will wait. Is there any chance that property owner can restrict the bank to sell that property.

Answers (3)

54 votes

First you check that if any case pending at the high court against the respondant bank if not then you send a advocate notice allaged that why the bank not change the ownership within that above time period and 15 days extra time for reminder thereof. If the respondant bank not done so you can filed a civil case against the respondant bank or otherwise returned the full consideration amount with interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

93 votes

Without possession,the sale certificate may not benefit u.It is a long process to get possession as collector will direct the police for eviction.If bank failed to give possession, claim your deposited money with cost and interest to the bank

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Kapil Chandna
Patiala House Court, Delhi
8 years Experience
Advocate Ravi Jadhav
Koregaon Park, Pune
12 years Experience
214 votes

It will take little time for approval of collector . You are advice to verify whether any case is pending in high court relating to that property between the original owner and bank . If so then you need to appear in the case

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles