Procedure to get stay order on property while applying for divorce

I am seeking a divorce from husband of 20 years, I have 2 minor daughters, filed for a partition suit to claim share of ancestral property for my daughters, can I get a injunction order or stay order to not sell the properties or use them for commercial purposes. If Yes what is the stay called as and will it give relief to both stop selling and stop using for commercial purposes. I am a south indian hindu.

Answers (3)

95 votes

Yes you can get an injunction in your favor. Also you can ask the court to create charge on the properties which your husband might sell. Thus he cannot sell the properties... So far as minors are concerned they can claim maintenance along with you...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

141 votes

As you have already filed a case and did you not seek any injunction in the suit. Did you not clarified with your advocate. It has to be seen as to what is your claim and you says that you want divorce also. Please mention all the information correctly.

Popular Civil Lawyers

Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Peeyush Kaushik
Dwarka District Court, Delhi
11 years Experience
Advocate Swapnil Jamkar
Chhatrapati Square, Nagpur
10 years Experience
Advocate Vijay Tangri
Saket, Delhi
20 years Experience
75 votes

hi according to your query you can get stay not to alienate the property by filing Interlocutory application in the court Providing the evidences along with the I.A. you can file the case and you will get order in your favor for further clarifications you can call us at any time.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Civil Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I had given the power of attorney to my mother along with my brother and 2 sisters on 22/07/2000, after the death of my father for my ancestor’s…

Read More

I would like to know that without court's stay order "can anyone stop any construction" this is the law.please, affirm me. it is land of…

Read More

Iam an employee suspanded and after some time he has been terminated and then he got stay from court on that termination order then what salary must b…

Read More

respected sir i am from Barnala (Punjab) our city id divided in two parts with a railway crossing now government is going to make a under bridge on th…

Read More